Senior Editor Brecken Branstrator shares insights from the show, including what people have been buying and where it could go from here.
On Data: The Questions You Need to Ask About CARES
In another special edition of On Data, Sherry Smith says jewelers need to consult their team of experts about the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act.
RELATED CONTENT: 5 Things Retailers Should Know About the Stimulus Bill
Last week, Congress passed a third stimulus package, which has allocated an additional $350 billion to small businesses and $150 billion for state and local stimulus finds. There are also provisions in the bill that will temporarily allow small businesses to claim deductions using today’s losses against past profits to claim quick refunds for cash infusions.
1a) Does this apply to all businesses, or are small businesses exempt?
2) If I offer paid leave to my current employees, will I be fully reimbursed?
3) Is it smart to take out a loan, given the low interest rates, in order to keep my employees on paid leave?
4) What advantages and disadvantages are there between paid leave versus layoffs?
5) If I am reimbursed, how quickly will those funds come through?
6) What form will the reimbursement take, cash or tax credits?
7) If part of the reimbursement is via tax credits, when would those be realized?
8) If I lay off my employees, am I obligated to pay them their PTO (personal time off) time first?
9) If I take out a loan to use for payroll expenses, is loan forgiveness a guarantee?
10) If not, what options do I have?
11) Is there anything I have overlooked?
It will be for all companies that deal in lab-grown materials.
Take a tour of Italian designers at COUTURE 2021.
The licensed collection features jewelry inspired by all 32 NFL teams.
PGI created the program to accelerate the growth of the platinum jewelry market in the U.S.
Health care coverage is a big expense for small businesses - find out how to lower costs long-term instead of every 12 months.