The annual event will return to Rosemont, Illinois next August.
On Data: The Questions You Need to Ask About CARES
In another special edition of On Data, Sherry Smith says jewelers need to consult their team of experts about the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act.
RELATED CONTENT: 5 Things Retailers Should Know About the Stimulus Bill
Last week, Congress passed a third stimulus package, which has allocated an additional $350 billion to small businesses and $150 billion for state and local stimulus finds. There are also provisions in the bill that will temporarily allow small businesses to claim deductions using today’s losses against past profits to claim quick refunds for cash infusions.
1a) Does this apply to all businesses, or are small businesses exempt?
2) If I offer paid leave to my current employees, will I be fully reimbursed?
3) Is it smart to take out a loan, given the low interest rates, in order to keep my employees on paid leave?
4) What advantages and disadvantages are there between paid leave versus layoffs?
5) If I am reimbursed, how quickly will those funds come through?
6) What form will the reimbursement take, cash or tax credits?
7) If part of the reimbursement is via tax credits, when would those be realized?
8) If I lay off my employees, am I obligated to pay them their PTO (personal time off) time first?
9) If I take out a loan to use for payroll expenses, is loan forgiveness a guarantee?
10) If not, what options do I have?
11) Is there anything I have overlooked?
Awareness is essential to proactive protection. Learn how to promote and maintain safety and security awareness in your business.
Police say Douglas Wayne Gamble also swapped natural diamonds for synthetic stones and failed to return customers’ repairs.
The designer just launched a new bridal range at Kay Jewelers.
Do you always want the right diamonds at the right price in your store? Introducing Dialog, the world’s first diamond subscription service.
Steve Levine joins the family-owned company, while his brother Gary has a new position.
The company has filed complaints against Royal Chain and Samuel B.
The lab confirmed it did not send the message.
Reginald Brack has worked at StockX and Christie’s.
The second installment of “To Treasure Now and Forever” is intended to emphasize diamonds’ versatility.
Economic slowdowns, geopolitical tensions, and the rising popularity of lab-grown diamonds are clouding the outlook for mined diamonds.
Some Indian manufacturers think the potential in this young, evolving market outweighs current price concerns.
The massive space spans 7.1 million square feet with more than 4,000 offices and 131 elevators.
GIA is among the supporters of a new school building for children with special needs.
From holiday spending to inflation’s impact, here’s what analysts are forecasting for the season.
The 17.61-carat stone leads Christie’s “Magnificent Jewels” sale in Geneva this November.
The suspect used bear spray to subdue employees and bystanders then stole $800,000 worth of jewelry.